Topic 1: Describe an advertisement that you have seen.
You should say:
We watch so many advertisements on TV and some of them we like and feel interesting. One of the most interesting advertisement was the ad of Cello Pen. This was a creative ads and I found it interesting. I watched this advertisement few months ago in a TV channel while I was watching a live sports telecasting. I still remember it because it was unique and the way it was presented was quite good.
The ad starts with a boy who was in a school and then studied in a college and finally in a university. The ad shows some of the successes he achieved and was congratulated. Thus he became a successful journalist and finally won an international prove for his honest and bravery in his profession. His parents, mentors, teachers, friends and some others were highlighted at the end of the advertisement and as a flashback the Cello pen was shown. The ad revealed that the pen has contributed from the beginning to the end of his success and was never congratulated. Yet this is a silent partner of the man’s success.
This ad was a commercial ad of a company who produces and sells the pen. Thus the ads revealed how important the pens are in our success and how this pen helps people to become who they are! I guess this was a creative ad and was made with care as it has been a good ad to watch.
The influence of advertisements
- What are the different kinds of advertising?
- What kind of advertising is most common in Vietnam?
- (Advertisements on) which media have the greatest effect on people - TV, radio, billboards, newspapers ...? Why?
- What are the ways in which advertisements catch the attention of viewers?
- Do big companies prefer to advertise on TV or in some other ways? (Why?)
- What are the good and bad points of advertisements?
- Is advertising on the internet very influential?
- What kinds of advertisements do Vietnamese people most like?
- How do advertisements attract the attention of people? (= What is the best way for advertisements to attract people? = What are the factors that make advertisements appealing to people?)
- What is the purpose (= the function) of advertising? = Why do companies spend money on advertising?
- Do young people and old people have the same attitudes towards advertisements?
- What kinds of advertisements are most attractive to children (or, young people)?
- (Similar to above) What kinds of advertisements leave the greatest impression on children (or, young people)?
- Do you think advertisements are a good or bad influence on children?
- Do you think advertisements actually influence people to buy things (perhaps things they don't really need)? (How?)
- Do overseas advertisements used in, or adapted for use in Vietnam affect Vietnamese culture and values?
- Is this a good thing?
Controls on Advertisements
- Does the Vietnamese government control advertisements in any way? How?
- (As above) In Vietnam, are there any controls on the contents of advertisements?
- Do you think the government should exercise more control, or less control over advertisements than it does now?
- Are any kinds of advertising in Vietnam considered illegal?
- Do you trust advertisements? (Why?/Why not?)
- Can you think of any examples of false advertising?
- How do you feel about false advertising?
- What kinds of products are most often (most easily) promoted by false advertising?
- What should happen to those people or companies who engage in false advertising?
- (Similar to above) What can governments do about false advertising?
- Do you think there should be controls on (= laws concerning) advertising, for example cigarette and alcohol advertising? ?
- (Similar to above) Do you think that advertisements for products that harm the health, such as cigarettes, should be allowed? (Or, ... should be banned?)
- What are the various ways that people use to obtain information, such as the news?
- Do you often read the newspaper?
- Do you think newspapers are obsolete?
- How do you think people will obtain information and news in the future?
Trong kỳ thi Speaking IELTS có rất nhiều câu hỏi sẽ được đặt ra cho các bạn giải quyết trong một thời gian ngắn. Hãy chăm chỉ luyện tập để có kết quả tốt trong kỳ thi này các bạn nhé.
Link luyện tập bài viết tại đây